- Vivek Moorthy stating in a Global Financial Markets (Q7) electives class, with a straight face, that "the GDP is nothing but an autoregressive sum of its lags".
- Janat Shah in an OM class (Q4) very sweetly taking Naren for coming late to classs. Don't quite remember the exact words.
- Das in a QMM class (Q3) asking one of the students to explain the difference between a mean and a statistic (or something to that effect; I have blanked out that entire course from my memory).
- Thiru in a marketing class (Q3) regaling us with his Calcutta anecdotes... "kabhi aap poochte hai, kabhi aap poochtach karte hai", or giving a short 10 minute lesson in negotiations, with Phani and Amit as the lambs to the slaughter
- Prof Srinivasan stating in a very serious manner in a Social Entrepreneurship (Q10) class, "I have a theory that I can set unanswerable papers, but I am not going to test it out"
. Or advising students to go in for the project option and not the end term test because "the end term paper will be much tougher than anything you can imagine in your life".
Friday, December 09, 2005
Vignettes - 2
Sridhar had a post (link to post) a few days back about memorable and lasting images from PGSM. These are a few of my favourites:
Posted by Abhinav Agarwal at 12/09/2005 10:46:00 PM